Day One: Thursday
4.3.14 - 4.4.14 85 °F
The first day at many conferences include classes for new travel agents as they try and achieve their industry qualifications. I sat in on a briefing from several of the cruise lines I sell.
Regent Seven Seas:
- The most inclusive luxury cruise line in the world
- They have won numerous awards for their luxurious bathrooms. Many of the tubs have been replaced with oversized marble showers
- Although seemingly more expensive, you pay for almost nothing including air, pre-cruise hotel, shore excursions and gratuities. It is really quite affordable!
Norwegian Cruise Line
NCL is a contemporary cruise line that competes with Royal Caribbean and is a little more luxurious in my opinion than Carnival or MSC. The presentation focused on the new Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway
- It features The Waterfront, a quarter-mile oceanfront promenade lined with restaurants, bars and spectacular views.
- Breakaway will sail year round from New York City with sailings to Florida and the Bahamas, and to Bermuda
- Norwegian has just purchased a 75 acre island in Belize which is being developed and will be used on Western Caribbean sailings starting in 2015
- The Norwegian Escape will join the fleet in October 2015 and will carry 4100 people and have some new, not yet revealed features.
This is an ultra premium cruise line, far more inclusive than Princess or Celebrity, whose main rival is Azamara Cruises, part of the Royal Caribbean family.
- The three older former R ships are undergoing a complete $50M refurbishment that will be complete by June 2014 - two months away. They will have new decor, new dining options, and new art work.
- Oceania prides itself in destinations, cuisine, service and value. 25 new ports are being added to itineraries in 2015
- Cruise lengths run from 7 to 180 days. The 180 world cruises start in the summer so that different more northern ports can be included.
- You can particpate in Bon Appetit cooking classes on board and then take local culinary tours with the chef instructor.